Thursday, January 13, 2011

You May Have a New Zodiac Sign!

I'm an Aries: generous and courageous on a good day, moody and impatient on a bad day. At least I thought I was. Turns out, I'm actually a Pisces.

How did this happen? Astronomers explained that the Earth has slowly been changing its position in relationship to the sun since the study of astrology began 3,000 years ago, which has caused a one-month bump in the alignment of the stars -- and has added a 13th zodiac sign, Ophiuchus.

These are the new dates:

Capricorn Jan. 20-Feb. 16
Aquarius
Feb. 16-March 11
Pisces
March 11-April 18
Aries
April 18-May 13
Taurus
May 13-June 21
Gemini
June 21-July 20
Cancer
July 20-Aug. 10
Leo
Aug. 10-Sept. 16
Virgo
Sept. 16-Oct. 30
Libra
Oct. 30-Nov. 23
Scorpio
Nov. 23-Nov. 29

Ophiuchus Nov. 29-Dec. 17
Sagittarius Dec. 17-Jan. 20


So what does this mean that I'm supposed to have a sudden personality shift because I'm now a fish (well, two fish) rather than a ram? Actually, maybe I've always been more Pisces-like. A writer, my strengths are my creativity and imagination, which are also strengths of Pisces. I'm sensitive (sometimes to a fault) and frustratingly indecisive. I'm guided by my emotions; I have the tendency to be lazy unless I'm doing something about which I feel passionate.


Other than I now have to remember to read a different horoscope every day, I suppose not much has changed. Oh, except I also have to buy myself a silver Pisces bangle by Alex & Ani. Can't go around flaunting that I'm an Aries anymore!


Did your sign changed? Which do you think is more true to your personality - your old or new zodiac sign?



3 comments:

Alice in Wonderland said...

No!!!!! I refuse to change my sign...just stubborn I guess (like a REAL Capricorn...my REAL sign). LOL. What does this all mean? Will Susan Miller really change her monthly horoscopes? Will all the magazines change theirs? Should be interesting....

kflo said...

Airport security lost my new A+A bracelet when they forced me to send it through the scanners...wtf. AT LEAST I'm still a leo. Interesting post PJ!

Unknown said...

This is crazy. I guess I'd be an Aquarius now, but I think I'm going to stick to the ol' Pisces. :)