Sunday, February 13, 2011

Keep Your Eye On....Warby Parker

I was born with less than perfect vision, so for as long as I can remember I've had to sport spectacles in order to see. When I hit high school, all I wanted was to lose the glasses immediately. Now, after exclusively wearing contact lenses for the past five years, I'm starting to see the perks of putting on a pretty pair of prescription eyewear.

Inspired by an stunning pair of Chanel frames that my fellow Troc intern, Megan, wears unbelievably well, I went on the hunt for vintage-inspired spectacles and stumbled across Warby Parker. With ALL frames (including prescription lenses) at a flat rate of $95, they're hard to pass up on their own. Add that to the fact that every time you purchase a pair, they donate a pair to someone in need, and it's virtually impossible not to whip out your credit card.

While I'm sometimes wary of online purchases, Warby Parker has a seriously practical free try-on policy. They'll send up to five pairs of glasses for you to try on for free at home for five days...and since their shipping is also free, there's really no reason not to take advantage of these accessories.

I'll be trying the following five styles:


Thatcher 


Winston


Griffin


Tenley

Preston


Regardless of which one I end up choosing, I'm just beyond thrilled to finally replace the Juicy Couture frames I've had since I was 13...



No comments: