Sunday, March 6, 2011

Oscars 2011 Recap: My 5 Best Dressed, Take Three

Another year, another best dressed list! This year's Oscars had no shortage of colorful ensembles, but as a whole the crop of dresses were less than impressive. For me, the standouts were the ones that didn't pick typical gowns, with ladies like Jennifer Lawrence and Camilla Alves showing off their stunning figures in simple dresses. 


1.) Jennifer Lawrence: Did YOU see Winter's Bone? This girl cleans up well...and she manages to go from a woodsy tomboy to a total Baywatch babe. I thought this dress was perfect for her - as a relative unknown, she comes off as impressive without even trying. 

 2.) Mila Kunis: I would have liked to see her a little more "Black Swan" than white swan but this dress is stunning on her and the color is flawless. I feel like I see a variation of this dress every year, but here I like the sheerness and the cut more than I have in seasons past. 


3.) Cate Blanchett: THANK YOU FOR TAKING A STYLE RISK. This Givenchy gown is like an absolute work of art, and the look as a whole is a breath of fresh air. Love the fresh spring hues. 


4.) Scarlett Johansson: I don't think this dress photographed as well as it looked on-screen but I remember seeing her on the red carpet and thinking she looked phenomenal. In this case, I really love the undone hair and the smoky eyes. She looked effortless sultry and sexy. 


4.) Camilla Alves: I don't know what she does exactly, but she looked better than a large portion of the Oscar-nominated actresses. Proof that a simple black dress is never, ever a bad decision. 

1 comment:

Cory McGinn said...

Camilla Alves! You are so right - I have no idea what she does but I dont care. She was breathtaking and styled perfectly. Made me actually respect Matthew Mcconaughey for showing up with her.