Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cozy Campfires and the Great Outdoors

I love fall! As it cools off and approaches this beloved season I start bringing out the cozy sweaters, boots and cute beanies while other people are hanging on to their shorts and tees as long as they can. I'm a bit of an outdoorsy style girl, relishing in my moccasins and blanket ponchos, a bit a la 70's hippie style (but with skinny jeans).

See by Chloe, plaid poncho on polyvore.com

Hang on to your stripes! If I can extend and blend some of my summer wardrobe into fall all the better. Layering a striped tank under a fall print can give it a new flair! One good winter worthy pair of boots and you've got a lot of options. Pair tall boots with shorts and a sweater, over skinny jeans or leggings. I recommend a healthy selection of leg warmers to go over tights or the boots themselves for another look. A lighter scarf protects you from the chill and adds print. I encourage mixing and matching of prints, all the layers make it fun to get dressed.
Poncho by Kenzo, DV by Dolce Vita brown riding boot, Marcus Lupfer pleated knit mini skirt, Missoni scarf.

In preparation for my upcoming trip to Mount Rushmore national monument, it will be my first real camping trip this year and I can't wait to pack! Betting it's going to be chilly this time of year a cozy wool Mexican blanket and a good pair of boots are must haves. A masculine inspired but sexy sweater adds warmth without the frump. I always take a journal with me everywhere and campfires are the perfect place to listen to your thoughts and record them in your Attic Journal!

Pendleton Mexican print inspired wool blanket, Attic Journal, DV by Dolce Vita brown riding boot (available at Trocadero), Alexander Wang cut-out sweatshirt tunic, chain bangle by Kara Ross.

While I can't go dressed as a Hitchcock bombshell, I'll still have adventure in style!

No comments: