Thursday, August 19, 2010

Another Thursday, Another Three Tips


I miss my hair stylist Shin at the Paul Labrecque Salon in NYC. She just always gave me the best haircuts that seriously lasted 6-9 months. For the first year I was able to get away with still seeing Shin. But eventually I needed to find my local replacement. While Shin can't ever be replaced (her haircutting skills are some of the best in the nation), some of her expert tips are available for you to partake...from home. Check out her video clips for iVillage.com.

If you're like me, and you can't afford to fly back to NYC for a Shin-tastic cut, check out my local stylist find: Alli at Trios Salon (156th and Ruggles, north of Maple). I've had my hair cut by about 5 different people in Omaha and unfortunately none of them were able to achieve a cut that didn't have me putting it back into a ponytail again. She gave me a hair cut that was easy to style and that grew out well so that I didn't have to go back in 4 weeks. My hair is so thick that you really gotta cut into the layers and Alli is able to get rid of the weight and heaviness and still leave the length. Bravo!

Fair Square

It's August and that means the IOWA STATE FAIR is back in action! Yes, food on-a-stick is all the rage in Des Moines for a two week period and this weekend is your last chance to take part in this annual, beloved event. Choose from delectable treats like hot bologna on-a-stick to potato lollipops to frozen fudge brownie on-a-stick. If you're on a diet, you can opt for salad on-a-stick or shrimp on-a-stick. It's an Atkins diet lovers dream with everything from german sausage, hot dogs, meat balls, chicken lips, lamb and pork chops on sticks!

Animal prints are back in fashion...but that doesn't mean you should run out and buy that tacky tiger print polyester dress. Instead, invest in a good tote that can be a classic for years to come. Hitting our shelves shortly will be this MZ Wallace tote in the "Grace" shape. If you know you want it, email us now to reserve one in your name. Believe me, it's like last season's "Violet Storm" pattern...before long, we'll be sold out!

No comments: