Thursday, August 12, 2010

Three 4 Thursday

I love multi-strand necklaces, especially ones with big crystals and mixed metals, and this one from American Eagle outfitters is the perfect non-investment piece at a not-so-whopping $19.50. And with their special deals of "buy one and get one at 50%off" it's twice as nice when you're shopping with a friend with similar tastes!

I can't get enough of my XM 44 "First Wave" radio station especially with all the great The English Beat, General Public and Fine Young Cannibals songs...so I'm very excited to hear Dave Wakeling, the original front man of the first two bands mentioned, to be performing at the Slowdown tonight! It's not sold out yet so there's still time to get tickets...

This summer heatwave is absolutely killing me. While I'm usually a big oenophile, I can't really stomach the heaviness of red wine during these warmer months and am often rather picky when it comes to drinking white wine (can't be too dry, too sweet, it's gotta be kinda perfect...). My summer drink of choice is definitely the Moscow Mule, made with vodka, lime juice and ginger beer (which is actually non-alcoholic despite its name). The best part? It is served in a copper mug with ice. The drink literally is ice cold because the copper retains the cool temperature. I love to get a Moscow Mule at the Homy Inn, LIV Lounge, Stokes and the Cork and Bottle in Dundee. So next time you're looking for a cool, refreshing beverage, order up a Moscow Mule...you won't be disappointed!


No comments: