Friday, November 5, 2010

Spring 2011 Sneak Peak: Cut Me Some Slack

I was thrilled to see the comeback of the wide leg pant on the spring 2011 runways after seasons of skinny pant domination. Don't get me wrong, I love my skinnies, but these 70s-inspired, flared duds are oh-so-flattering and offer a refreshing break from the ubiquitous silhouette of skinny jeans


To balance your look, pair this style with a body conscious top, such as a tucked in button up, a fitted tee, or this season's popular bow blouse to continue to channel that 70s vibe. If you're like me and have purged your closet of all things flared after ignoring them for seasons, now is the time to stock up! Take some notes from one of our interns, Jamie, on how to wear this style now: 
Jamie pairs her flared jeans with a sheer tee, an Urban Outfitters blazers, and a Megan Parks scarf from the Troc. These pants will be a great staple come spring and can easily be worn with wedges and a floral tank.


No comments: