Monday, June 8, 2009

The ultimate conundrum

Last week I bought a second wedding dress. I know, I know. The first thing Alice said to me when I told her at Trocadero yesterday was "Why?" I have to admit, it's a good question. I certainy never saw myself as a one wedding dress bride, let alone a two wedding dress bride. Though I won't show a photo of either dress here (bad luck!) they're both beautiful but they're as different as night and day. One is short, one long. One is spangly, one simple. One is puffy, the other sleek. And I am in love with them both.

My best friend was in town last week, and I talked the decision over with him. He agreed with the conclusion I've come to: get both dresses tailored. Accessorize both. Bring them both on the big day. See how you feel and put one on.

For now, thats the plan. I'd be curious to know: any other two wedding dress brides out there?

1 comment:

Mr. Jay said...

Well, I would suggest that maybe wear the shorter one to the reception..Granted, I haven't seen it..but it is a suggestion.Good luck!