Thursday, September 2, 2010

PJ's Emmy Red Carpet Round-Up

Jamie's personal style differs than mine in a big way, and that's one of the reasons I love her so. She's much more of a risk taker than I am when it comes to fashion, which explains why our red carpet picks from the Emmys aren't exactly aligned (although we did agree on one!). Read on to see what I thought looked lovely and what left me confused.

Thumbs Down

2010 emmys january jones

January Jones's dress looks too much like a mullet. Perhaps I wouldn't have minded the Versace creation so much if January stuck with nude shoes and a classic, pulled-back hairstyle.

(Same with Anna Paquin's. I agree with Jamie on this one -- she just looked too fierce, and not in a Christian Siriano way.)

2010 emmys kyra sedgwick

Kyra Sedgwick's hair is too undone. And the texture and color of the dress seem too heavy and out of season for a Summer awards show.

2010 emmys keri russell

Keri Russell looks too much like an extra from "Dirty Dancing." I applaud her choice of color, but the awkward ankle length and ill-fitting top of this dress make me sad. Plus, the purse doesn't work with the look.

Thumbs Up

2010 emmys jayma mays

A lovely combination of navy and gold on Jayma Mays. Great color choice for the redhead.

2010 emmys tina fey

A lovely hairstyle on Tina Fey... finally! I'm on the fence about the dress. It's better than some of her previous red carpet ensembles but it reminds me of an Egyptian cartouche.

2010 emmys claire danes

A lovely dress on Claire Danes... but her overall look is just too shiny. Her face and body are glowing in an unnatural way, and I think her eyeshadow was too matchy-matchy with her dress.

So, what do you think of my picks?

(images via)


No comments: