Friday, January 20, 2012

Splurge Vs Steal

Rebecca Minkoff's Save/Spend wallet


It's January 20th. Have you been sticking to your New Year's resolutions?

I love this wallet from Rebecca Minkoff -- it reminds me of an old Anya Hindmarch double "Loose Pockets" that had one side as "save" and the other as "spend." We at the Troc used to do a lot of Anya Hindmarch business....that is, until the economy went bust and people just weren't willing to spend as much money on handbags and other leather goods. It's too bad because Anya makes some of the coolest accessories and we sure do miss them at Trocadero! But perhaps another season we can bring them back into the mix...

Anya Hindmarch "Loose Pocket"


But if you're like everyone else and wanting to save a buck here and there, do I have the biggest treat for you!

You'll either love me for telling you about this amazing store or you'll hate me because you'll be spending all your money there.

My friend owns an amazing consignment shop called Fashion Avenue 2 in the Minneapolis suburb of Wayzata. It is an offshoot of the original Fashion Avenue located in Edina on the main shopping drag. Both locations have -- without a doubt -- some of the best deals on designer labels. And so much of it is brand new, never been used items from designers like Anya Hindmarch, Lanvin, Mulberry, Yohji Yamamoto, Chanel, Dior, Catherine Malandrino, Vince, and the list goes on! We're talking ultra-deluxe designer as well as the contemporary brands that you know and love.

The best part is that much of their inventory is current season merchandise, never used, tags still on them...at 50% off or more. On their Facebook fan page, there is a brand new Louis Vuitton bag at 50% off the retail price, a never been worn black Y-3 bomber jacket originally $510 for $175 and so many other fabulous fashion finds. Honestly, if I lived closer, it would be the only place I would shop. For both myself and for gifts. You cannot beat the quality of the merchandise -- because it's mostly all brand new or very, very gently used. And I know that the gently worn items are even better deals because they're not brand spanking new.

How do I know so much about Fashion Avenue 2? Because I'm both a customer and a consignor. I had the opportunity to visit Minneapolis a couple years ago and finally got to see the store in action. I was so blown away by the terrific items stocked at both locations. If you're a fashion "whore," this is the place for you. Again, you might love me for telling you about this place but you might also hate me for making you spend all your savings there!

But just as the wallet says, there will be spending...but you most certainly (in some ways) will be saving as well. Heck, if you buy that Vuitton, you'll have saved $1,725!


source: Rebecca Minkoff wallet
source: Anya loose pocket


No comments: