Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Bra Every Woman Should Own

The other day I was shopping at Village Pointe. Yeah, it's my guilty pleasure. Before I used to go there exclusively to visit the genius bar at the Apple Store; now I seem to go there so often either on nice days for a stroller ride with Annabel or to pick up a cosmetic item here, or get a new item for my closet there. A couple years ago I would have never shopped at VP; it was way too commercial and mall-like for my tastes. But fast forward to living in suburbia, having a baby, not wanting to spend a ton of money on designer clothing and wanting to walk around outdoors.

I had picked up this new top on sale at LOFT and while it seemed something normal people would wear a camisole underneath, I specifically bought the top because I loved the low cut v-neck...something that is fairly hard to find without being vulgar.

I just knew I had to find a bra that would work for low cut tops and dresses. I took one step into Soma Intimates at Village Pointe, took a spin around and discovered a bra that was exactly what I was looking for.

Tada! The Soma Intimates bra is called the multi-way plunge bra and it looks exactly as it sounds. It has the lowest "scoop" front of any bra I've seen in a while and it also has adjustable straps that allow the bra to be a halter, criss cross, low back or traditional style. The cups are slightly molded but not super padded so the look is truly natural and comfortable to boot. It also created the best cleavage of any bra I have ever owned. I liked the bra so much I bought one in nude and one in black.
For the past year or so, I seem to only wear my nursing bra. It's easy, I don't have to think about it and it slips on and off in seconds (it's like a sports bra tank style). But even I have to admit that I can't always wear it (despite my wanting to!) and when I'm now only nursing at 7am and at 6:30pm, there's really no excuse. But with this new Soma multi-way plunge bra, I know it will work with practically everything in my wardrobe.

This bra will replace every other bra in your drawer. It's a great deal at $44 (and right now it's $34). So go on and check out Soma Intimates either online or in person.

No comments: