Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Fave Beauty Buys

I'm a beauty junkie. I love nothing more than to try new skincare and hair products. My bathroom shelves are constantly full of leave-in conditioners, scrubs, masks, and lotions. While I'm all about finding and testing out new products, there are those that I have fallen for. Here are a few of my favorite things. These beauty buys may not be under $10 like the ones featured here in Jamie's recent post on Troc Talk, but they are well worth the splurge!




Red Flower Body Lotion

These botanical based lotions are truly an experience. There is something so enveloping about the silkiness of the natural flower scents. It's like rubbing flower petals all over your body, and what's better than that? My favorites are Spanish Gardenia and Icelandic Moonflower.




Bioelements Measured Micrograins


This scrub (also doubles as a mask) is probably the best purchase I've made in a while. It was recommended to me by my Esthetician at Fringes Salon and Spa- Old Market. It's great to keep your skin clean and refreshed between Microdermabrasion treatments (another skincare MUST!) and just from day to day as well. I swear every time I use it it's like unveiling a new layer of fresh, soft skin.




Paul Labrecque Haircare

Alice swears by Paul's mud mask conditioner, and so do I! Unfortunately, I didn't discover how great the Paul Labrecque line was until after we stopped carrying it at The Troc. His color condition mud mask is to hair what water is to a wanderer in the desert. Now, I know that I don't have much hair, but the hair that I do have was softer and smoother than it has ever been after using this conditioner. The inviting and delicious aroma of the conditioner is only the icing on the cake. That combined with the repair style hydrating hair lotion is easily the best thing you can do for your hair.

L'occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil



You had me at the word "supple"! This oil firms, softens, and smells fantastic! The description on the L'occitane website states that the product is "ideal for use before, during and after pregnancy or periods of weight loss, for those seeking to fight stretch marks!" I relate to none of those cases, but I CAN tell you that this oil softens and leaves behind a warm and sensual almond-y scent.


Kevin Murphy Haircare

I can't rave enough about this salon professional brand of haircare.  The intoxicating scents alone are enough for me! This Australian line was created by Kevin Murphy to accommodate his needs as an editorial and runway stylist, and let me tell you this line will meet your needs too! Kevin Murphy uses natural ingredients in the products whenever possible- the result, Ah-Ma-Zing scents and rich formulas that are weightless and full of nutrients to nourish your hair.



Archipelago Pomegranate Hand Cream

This Troc favorite became one of my personal favorites after one use. From someone with severely dry and rough hands, this tube of decadence provides a great comfort to the skin. The  pomegranate scent is one that's refreshing and not sugary sweet. The formula is silky and won't leave behind a greasy residue either. Could it be the perfect hand cream? All I can say is, it's my favorite thus far.


What are your favorite beauty items that you can't live without?


*Photos courtesy of Google Images

No comments: