Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Burst of Blue

While channel surfing before bed last night, I stumbled upon Kate Hudson sitting in the guest chair on "The Late Show with David Letterman." In the segment, Letterman was whipping up a batch of waffles for the giggly actress. (I'm not sure what waffles had to do with Kate Hudson; I missed the opening of the interview.) My initial reaction was, "Wow, those waffles look delicious." My second? "Wow, Kate Hudson's eye shadow is gorgeous."

Check out Kate's eye-catching makeup below. (Sorry about the short commercial leading into the clip.)


I'm a big fan of brightly colored eye shadow, especially in the summer. Don't be afraid to play around with make-up! I change up the colors I use on my eyes every day depending on what mood I'm in and what I'm wearing. I don't have a standard "look." Lately I've been experimenting with sweeping bright green or marine blue shadow across my lids with a bit of mascara for a pop of color during the day. To make the look more dramatic for night, try lining your upper lids and inside your lower rim with a black liner like Kate.

If you're ready to be bold, try Mombasa, a teal-colored mineral-based powder eyeshadow by Glamo-Glitz. For a more subtle look, wet a skinny make-up brush and use Mombasa as a liner over a neutral shadow. That's the brilliant thing about Glamo-Glitz--you can wear it dry or wet. Check out our 14 favorite shades ($16 each), including Mombasa, at Trocadero.


No comments: