Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Style Featuring Seychelles Gypsy

To celebrate our 2nd anniversary last weekend, my husband and I went to a fancy dinner. Because it was a celebration, I wore a frilly black, white and purple dress reminiscent of a Theory frock from a couple of season ago. My hubby loved the look... except for the black wedge sandals I was wearing. To be honest, the sandals are more than a few years old, and he told me it was time to invest in a new pair of black shoes for summer.
Summer style featuring Seychelles Gypsy



Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

I had a feeling I'd find what I was looking for when I returned to the Troc after Memorial Day weekend. Sure enough, we had just gotten a shipment of Seychelles Gyspy in black. We had already received them in Teal and will soon be getting them in Natural, as well. Wooden heels are a hot summer trend, and the Gypsy has a 3 3/4" stacked heel with a 3/4" platform. Don't be intimidated by the heel height, though. You can dress 'em up or dress 'em down. Try pairing them with a day dress for work, shorts and a tank on the weekend and a mini-dress for a night out.

For the evening look above, I paired a printed silk dress with stackable rings by Kara by Kara Ross ($65 each). Don't forget to spritz yourself with Bond No. 9 Union Square ($150 for a small, $225 for a large) before you walk out the door! On the weekend, stay comfy in cut-off denim shorts but paint your nails Chinoise by Rescue Beauty Lounge ($19) to up your glam factor. Alex and Ani assorted bangles ($78) complete the casual look. For work, throw a cardigan over a sundress and accessorize with a Kara by Kara Ross pink quartz X-cuff (20% off $295). Purple Haze nail polish by Rescue Beauty Lounge ($19) will have you staring at your hands as you type away on your computer.

No comments: