Thursday, July 15, 2010

Three 4 Thursday

This skirt from J Crew is something I recommended to one of my Trocadero clients during her one-to-one wardrobe consultation at her home. It has a great slight bubble shape, is mini enough (but not in an obscene way) and has an elastic band waist that's easy to get in and out of. It just turned out that I ran into another one of my customers the next day and she happened to be wearing the skirt! It looks even better in person and is actually on sale right now at jcrew.com (and at the stores too) from $64.50 to $49.50.

I've just gotten a new car lease and one of the cool things is that I get free XM radio for a month! It makes me want to spend as much time in my new ride just so that I can continually listen to XM 44 "1st Wave" radio. It's like reliving my high school years every minute of the day! With hits from Duran Duran and The Smiths (my faves!) to hearing more obscure songs from Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, The The and Siouxsie, well I can't help but find myself driving around aimlessly hoping to hear what's next so that I can go home and use iTunes to purchase an oldie but goodie.
I'm a huge carnivore but I can't help but fall in love with the most awesome, vegan restaurant Daily Grub! It's located on 20th and Pierce (down the street from red sauce Italian Malara's) and it serves up tasty, extremely flavorful vegetarian dishes all in the cute comfort of a farmhouse-to-table restaurant. With little tables, bar seating and a giant chalkboard with all the weekly menu offerings, it's a tiny slice of healthy living in the heartland of America. But with sandwiches like the Vietnamese banh mi (absolutely delicious!), it's not just typical all-American fare. Menu changes weekly and they're only open 11-3 for lunch Monday thru Friday. But the best way to be in the loop is to become a fan of Daily Grub on Facebook! I know I check in every Monday to see what Elle's serving up! If you're in Omaha, go check it out...and have a happy belly when you leave...

Daily Grub photo source

No comments: