Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

I absolutely love this time of year! All because of holiday gift giving, that is. Those who know me may not believe it, but I actually enjoy giving gifts far more than receiving them. Finding something that a friend or loved will adore just makes me happy. All throughout the year I'm constantly jotting down notes of items I think would make great gifts. I just couldn't help but to share my ideas, so here is a list of just a few of my favorite items to give this holiday season.

Piggy Power Bank by Neon Green


This solar power bank and USB charger is eco-friendly and really comes in handy. It can be used with iPhones, iPods, Blackberry, as well as most other mobile phones and MP3 players. It is fully charged when left in the sun for 15-16 hours and can also be charged by USB power. The perfect gift for any techie on your list. The Piggy Power Bank also comes in "Big" and "Lil' Piggy Power" versions to suit your energy needs.



Goldsmith Silversmith

I am such a fan of buying locally and hand made items, and when they look as spectacular as the work from Goldsmith Silversmith, you really can't beat it! In the heart of the Old Market, Goldsmith is located on Howard street and houses the work of several talented jewelry artists. From sterling silver, to gold and pearls to diamonds, Goldsmith really covers all of the bases. And there is no better gift than custom made jewelry. The staff is welcoming and works with customers to create the piece of their dreams within their budget.

Schmidt Brothers Cutlery

After reading about Schmidt Brothers in Food & Wine Magazine I fell in love with their concept of high-quality knives without the high-quality price tag. Their range of knives includes an exclusive Acacia and stainless steel collection for West Elm and even titanium and ceramic a lines in their regular collection. With prices starting at $10, there's something for everyone, from the casual cook to the master chef.




Images courtesy of:

Flight001
Goldsmith Silversmith
Schmidt Brothers Cutlery