Monday, April 23, 2012

Honey & Milk or Milk & Honey?



Wouldn't it be nice if you could customize your own piece of footwear? Add a little piece of suede here, maybe a little embellishment there, throw it on a flat or a boot and suddenly you can dub yourself a designer. Right?

milk & honey was created by two sisters, Llissa and Dorian Howard, who simply have a taste for good shoes and couldn't always find what they were looking for.

Upon my first attempt at creating my own shoe, I immediately found the exact bootie I had been searching for. A perfect dainty cut below the ankle. From there you can choose the type of material, embellishments, trim, platform or not and your desired heel size/height.

(I would show you my final product but I wouldn't want you to steal my brilliant idea, so here is my perfect bootie to say the least)

The only complaint I have is that it's difficut to actually know what the real deal is going to look like once you get it. There is a final picture, but when I'm spending good money on my own piece of work, I want it to be exactly how I pictured it. However, you can request to have certain swatches sent your way so you can get a feel for what's going on your feet.

If you get the shoe and you don't like it, send it back and change it! The beauty of being your own designer.

On the upside, if you live in downtown LA, you can stop by there showroom and check out swatches. They also have a bigger selection!

(Check out their Q&A page for more answers.)





No comments: