Saturday, November 14, 2009

Two for the Road: 11/11/09

Date: 11/11/09
Bag: Fendi "Spy" bag in black logo
Shoes: Christian Louboutin black suede pumps
Worn with: Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti black tank dress, Aqua gray cashmere cardigan with black piping, DKNY black tights
This was another coveted bag of the season: Fendi's "Spy" bag. Following in the footsteps of their famous older sister, the "Baguette," this secret compartment tote was all the rage for many a celebrity and designer bag aficionado. I was lucky to receive one of these totes as a gift from the Fendi folks. I actually love that mine wasn't in leather because it made the bag much more lightweight. To be honest, this bag is not very functional in its design; the opening is too small to easily get in and out of and there are no pockets inside so it's just a big cavernous "where the hell is my ____." The shoes were a pair that I picked out pre-fashion week to get me through the season of shows and of course were mine to keep post-season. I actually snagged the same pair of pumps for my editor-in-chief as well and a pair of ankle boots for my friend and partner in crime at the mag (she did the clothing; I handled the accessories). Let's just say that my colleagues loved me a lot. The Philosophy dress is my go-to dress for both casual events as well as cocktail and black tie ones. It's one to dress up or dress down and I like to wear it when I am having a blah day and want to look a bit more polished.

No comments: