Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Two for the Road: 11/5/09

Date: 11/5/09
Bag: Devi Kroell matte gold metallic python hobo tote
Shoe: Jimmy Choo black slouchy boots with silver rings
Worn with: See by Chloe long sleeved silk mini dress, Strawberry black leggings
This is one huge bag. Talk about a statement piece. When Devi Kroell created this bag, it made fashion history. It was photographed in all the best glossies and featured in all the top specialty stores. She became an overnight sensation. I feel lucky to own one of these bags, a gift from the designer herself, as it is definitely an archival piece for my lifetime collection. My daughter (or niece) will be thrilled to inherit this one for sure. The boots are classic pointy-toed black boots from Jimmy and while I often thought about getting rid of them, I have a new-found respect for these oldies-but-goodies. They have a great heel, I think a 80mm, so they're low enough to wear all day long. The dress is a purchase from Intermix or Scoop (I think) and was bought right before Fashion Week one season. I must admit, there was a lot of "prepping the wardrobe" before the fashion circus began. You just needed some new pieces to get you through the month-long festivities.

No comments: