Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Noteworthy Journals

I am eternally jotting things down, creating extensive lists of things to do, things to buy, and things to remember. Because of this pretty life-consuming habit, I have accumulated dozens of notebooks of all shapes and sizes, each with their own unique purpose. One notebook documents the pieces of clothing and accessories that I absolutely need in my wardrobe (and thus aids me in resisting impulse buys), one reminds me of certain combinations/silhouettes I find inspiring, seven of them serve as my personal notes on the latest runway shows, and one is a scrap book of anything that pops into my head. I also own two daily planners, one for home and one for my purse.

These little journals have to be unique enough to stand out from the sea of one-subject, college-ruled, spiral-bound notebooks that I use for my college classes. Luckily for me, Trocadero has all kinds of cute little notebooks that satisfy my need to write everything down, all for under $20!


note books

Cavallini notebooks (see the New York one, above) are a personal favorite of mine, covered with vintage-inspired pictures of faraway places - I now have both the London and New York editions. They'd make the perfect little travel companion, but for now, these little journals are the ideal size for traveling with me each and every day.

Attic Journals (top) are truly unique, and they're definitely a store favorite - I suggest them to everyone. Each journal is fashioned from an old vintage book (often, they were discarded from libraries) and filled with blank pages. You can occasionally find the old library sign-out sheet inside, as well as a few pages from the original work. The entire staff got a laugh out of a recent Attic Journal made from an old yearbook! These are ideal for sketching or taking notes.

For someone on the hunt for a more pocket-sized journal, we've got quite a few Apica notebooks (bottom left corner) that will do the trick. These are imported from Japan and are made from acid-free paper.

Of course, carrying all this around can be a bit of a hassle if you are used to carrying smaller bags. I recently recieved the amazing Anya Hindmarch 'Homework' Tote for Christmas, and it has become semi-permanently attached to my arm. It's the perfect size and strength for holding everything I need for the day -  Cavallini notebooks, planner, make-up bag , phone, and wallet included. However, it's the smooth leather handles and absolutely adorable print (a stack of made-up fashion books, like "The Art of Handbags" and "The Fashion Bible") that are the winning features of this casual-cool tote bag. Pair it with flats, leggings and an over-sized shirt and you have my college uniform!



src: net-a-porter


No comments: