Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hip, hip Hooray!

A majorette opening the Marc Jacobs Collection show for Spring/Summer 2006 (September 13, 2005)

Today's the day.

The day that I tried on my size 4 Marc Jacobs Collection shorts and they fit! For the first time in a very long, long time.

I'm not one to throw out clothes that don't fit. First of all, a lot of my clothes were bought or gifted back when I was -- how do I say this -- a lot smaller. And to me, there are some girls in my household that may really like having some of these "vintage" items when they turn a certain age and size.

I loved these Marc Jacobs shorts as soon as they hit the runway. They're pictured here in black satin but the ones I got were a thick black cotton. I'm wearing them now as we speak!

The whole collection was an exaggerated school girl look. I remember it so well, beginning with the Penn State marching band that opened up the show with "Smells Like Teen Spirit." What a show!

This wasn't the only item I purchased from this particular collection. I also could not resist this jumper. To me it was perfection. I loved that it reminded me of my youth but that it had enough of a classic look that could be fashionable without looking too trendy. I love the look with a blazer thrown on top. Very grown-up Catholic schoolgirl.

Turns out that when I went to Vegas, I got a deal on a pair of Marc Jacobs sandals that were -- you guessed it -- from the same collection. I got these sandals but in a nude color. They're that total "jolie laide" type of shoe that I got so much use out of back in the day. I've semi-retired them for now but I think we'll have to put them back into rotation.


I realized today that I have lost over 40 pounds since Annabel was born. And I gained only about 20 pounds when I was pregnant. You can do the math.

I have gained quite a lot of weight since moving to this state -- a little bit ashamed that I too have succumbed to the bad eating habits of many a Nebraskan. And I got to say that living in a household with two active children who eat dessert almost every night (and one who likes to bake many cupcakes), well, it's pretty easy to gain weight.

But lo and behold I have lost weight without really trying. It's been a gradual process but one that I hope continues...

My newly fitting old Spring/Summer 2006 size 4 Marc Jacobs Collection shorts are definitely encouraging me to continue with my weight loss goals. I've got a couple size 38 Chanel jackets and a size 36 Jil Sander navy wool skirt that are definitely items that I would love to incorporate into my Fall/Winter 2012 wardrobe! I am definitely motivated to shop my closet if it means saving some money too.

photo sources:
Marc Jacobs Spring 2006 Ready-to-Wear
Marc Jacobs Spring 2006 Ready-to-Wear
Marc Jacobs Spring 2006 Ready-to-Wear
Marc Jacobs Spring 2006 Ready-to-Wear

No comments: