Look, we've been to the annual Berkshire Hathaway shareholder's meeting before. And we know many of you want to stay in the Century Link Center for the whole duration and eat your $1 DQ Dilly bars, buy Ginsu knives, count how many Cherry Cokes Warren Buffett drinks, stock up on See's Candies, hug the Geico lizard and hear the Q&As.
But for those of you who feel like you need some quick breaks, here is an emergency quick hit list that are all within a 20 minute walking radius. Note that those that are * are located in the Old Market and might make more sense to do during longer breaks or in the afternoon when the meeting is finished.
You need a:
• Cappuccino -- Blue Line, located at 14th and Cuming -- in addition to your coffee fix, they have all sorts of beverage treats including Italian sodas as well as light bites such as salads and sandwiches.
• Light Snack -- Red Mango, located at 13th and Cuming -- this local outpost of a national chain of frozen yogurt deliciousness in a cup. Add fruit to make it even more healthy. Or add candy.
• Stiff Drink -- The Liberty Tavern, located in the Hilton Hotel -- you can't get closer to an alcoholic beverage than within the hotel that is adjacent to the convention center.
• Pedicure -- The Nail Shop, located at 9th between Dodge and Douglas -- we've raved before and we'll rave again as this is the place to get your nails and toes done. Relaxing...ahhhhhh....
• Charcuterie Plate -- La Buvette*, located at 11th between Howard and Jackson -- because sometimes you just need a big honking plate of cured meats. Atkins-friendly.
• A First Edition -- Jackson Street Booksellers*, located at Jackson between 11th and 12th -- there's nothing like discovering a treasure in the form of a rare book, or even just a gently used one.
• Something Sweet -- Bliss Bakery*, located at 11th and Jones -- because challenging times are always easier when you have a cupcake or cookie standing by.
• Glass of Wine -- Nosh, located at 10th and Dodge -- 100+ wines are offered at this newish lounge located within minutes of the Century Link Center. Need we say more?
• Bowl of Pho -- Saigon Surface*, located at 14th and Farnam -- who doesn't crave this cure-all soup that will wake your senses especially if you put some sriracha in it.
• New Pair of Shoes -- Trocadero*, located at Howard between 12th and 13th -- everyone always needs and wants pretty things to put on their feet.