Monday, April 19, 2010

Alice's Best Beauty Buys, #14-#16

Best Eyelash Curler: Shiseido
I don't care what the magazines say, I just don't care for my Shu Uemura eyelash curler. Don't get me wrong; I absolutely adore the line Shu Uemura (and am sad that it is ceasing its U.S. operations...) but the eyelash curler has always pinched me and doesn't curl my straight Asian lashes as well as, well...another Japanese company's eyelash curler. To me, my Shiseido eyelash curler is the best one out there. It's comfortable, never tugs my eyelid and gives me perfect curl every time. I've had mine for over a decade and it's still going strong.

Best All-Over Shimmer Eyeshadow: Scarlett Cosmetics Glamo-Glitz in White Gold
It looks white in the pot but when it goes on, there are little flecks of gold that highlight the eyes like no other eyeshadow I have ever used. I love it! It's really good. And the white blends so well to give enough of a highlight shimmer but not look ghostly whatsoever. I sell it at the Troc and if I could I would give every customer a pot of this to keep in their purse for emergency pick-me-ups. A little shimmer goes a long way but what a way to go!

Best Natural Everyday Brush Blush: Nars Orgasm
Okay, so now I sound like every other magazine editor, but really, this color is just the perfect flush color to use on your cheeks. It's not too pink, orange or unnatural. It's just a nice, well, orgasmic tone to look as if you've...um....taken a nice, brisk walk to the mailbox and back to the house. Francois really nailed it when creating both the name and the color for his best-selling blush. Then again, there is hardly anything that I don't like in his line of amazing cosmetics. If you want to pick a line, this is one you can't go wrong with for eyes, lips, foundation and of course blush!

1 comment:

Flex said...

I totally agree about the Nars Orgasm. Best color of blush I have ever used and looks great on every skin tone!!