Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Jewels in the 'hood


Lately I've been wearing a medley of necklaces and have received many compliments from friends and strangers alike. I don't usually change my jewelry up as often as I would like to or even recommend to others. And judging by my repeat wearing of this four-necklace combo, I am clearly someone who gets stuck in a rut...even if it's somewhat stylish!

The necklace I wear everyday is my 24 inch 14 kt gold twist chain from Helen Ficalora with A, H, K and "Project Sunshine" charms from her and then a gold vintage dice charm given to me by my friend Heather Severs, the Accessories Director for Town & Country, when I left NYC for Nebraska. She said it was for luck. I love the gold paired with the white beads and ribbon necklace on a nude "bra-strap" from Prada, one of my purchases one season in Milan during the shows. The third necklace to be added to this grouping was an old Judith Leiber pillcase necklace encrusted with Swarovski crystals with a coin purse closure with peridot and garnet.
And then the last piece is a sterling silver camera pendant that I bought at the Gallery of Functional Art in Santa Monica on my July visit to L.A. It was the perfect length to work with the other three and I also liked the idea of showcasing how mixing metals can really look beautiful together.

Speaking of mixing metals...I was in Vegas for the shoe show and Kaitlyn from Joie was wearing an armful of Alex and Ani expandable bracelets. I loved how she embraced mixing the textures, the metals, the different materials. We love carrying the Alex and Ani line at Trocadero -- they make such a great gift both for oneself and for bridesmaids, friends, wives and teenagers too. We've sold out of many of the single charm bracelets but they're on reorder for fall. We can't wait to get more of them in. But in the meantime, come by and check out what we have currently in stock. And while you're at it, you can view our exclusive Helen Ficalora Sterling Silver Collection. I don't know anyone who doesn't love the simplicity and charming prettiness of Helen Ficalora's initial pendants. And at a recession-friendly price tag of only $50 per alphabet charm and $35 for a 16 inch chain and $40 for an 18 inch, it makes a great under $100 gift.

2 comments:

Sarah Baker said...

I've been wearing my gold Helen Ficalora "S" every day since I brought it home. And I've also been loving mixing my Alex and Ani bangles with my Candace Ang bracelet. :)

sarah-mai said...

Beautiful pairings! I know Heather...she's got great taste in jewelry :)