Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Meet Team Trocadero: KATE

This month we were lucky to have our out-of-state intern, Kate, join the Troc. Sadly, it seems that time does indeed fly by and we seem to already be at the close of an incredibly active month. Kate learned not only about the brands of Trocadero but also the buying, merchandising and selling of all our items, the joy of the Troc required film list and last but not least, the art of the Tiffany bow. Here, we find out a little bit about Kate before she ventures back to the Buckeye state...

Favorite film right now? The Thomas Crown Affair. I watched the remake with Pierce Brosnan and Faye Dunaway not realizing there was an "original one" (found out in a magazine fashion spread, surprise). I was drawn to the complete honesty of the characters and found Rene Russo's character captivating. (*ed note: The Thomas Crown Affair, 1968 is on the Trocadero Required Film List for its continuing influence in fashion)

How would you describe your personal style in one sentence? A grown-up child, with accessories from Dad and silhouettes from Mom.

If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be right now? Although cliché, the streets of Paris completely immersed in culture.

My Troc pick-of-the-month: Definitely the Bed & D studded bag or the matching wallet!

My guilty pleasure is: http://thisiswhyyourefat.com

My favorite item of clothing in my closet: A white and grey sweater that I bought at a thrift store for a unicorn costume and ended up integrating into my wardrobe.

Current fashion icon? Zooey Deschanel

If I had 36 hours in Omaha, I would: Go to the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning in the Old Market then sit and people watch at La Buvette right next door. Omaha is a mecca for thrifting and I recommend Bellwether Boutique (local designers with an art gallery along with cheap finds), Second Chance (the basement is a secret find filled with vintage clothes, accessories and luggage), Retro and the Flying Worm (cool boots and faded tees). And I'd never pass up eating an itchy seabass roll at Blue Sushi downtown. And if you're into live music, head over to the Slowdown or catch an indie, docu (like Food, Inc.) or classic flick at Film Streams.

No comments: