Sunday, August 16, 2009

Rock and Roll Lifestyle

I have been totally inspired by the rock and roll-inspired editorial spreads filling the September issues so far. Motorcycle chic isn't my go-to style--I'm much more of a vintage modern gal--and the only item in my closet that even approaches this aesthetic is my Diane von Furstenberg navy blue motorcycle jacket. I think it'll be seeing a lot more wear this season, and I'm definitely hoping to pair it with some of the amazing studded pieces Alice has in the store this fall.
Studs and Chains

I swooned over the Be & D "Colette," pictured at the bottom left, which Trocadero has in black with a silver chain handle. The leather is butter-soft, and its one of those pieces that has to be seen in person to truly appreciate. The Be & D "Garbo" clutch, which Alice bought in gunmetal and nickel, has a long chain strap hidden inside; it embraces two of fall's biggest trends in one.

The best thing about this trend is that, even if your style verges on the conservative or lady-like, a piece with a harder edge can still work - check out Botkier's more gentle take on the stud trend with the champagne "Marcel" bag (another long chain strap, too!) and its rose gold "Studio" clutch. Instead of overpowering a softer look, these two bags will just bring a touch of your inner biker chic to the surface.

No comments: