Monday, August 24, 2009

Feels Like Fall

Into The Woods

The weather in Omaha this past weekend was unseasonably cool. Rather than melting from sweltering 90 degree days, we enjoyed early-Fall-like temperatures in the low-to-mid 70s. As I pulled on my jean jacket over my sundress, I got to thinking about what I plan to wear when the season officially changes to Autumn. I'm looking forward to bundling myself in warm, rich colors and materials, such as flannel, and accessorizing with camel, hunter green, maroon and navy shoes and handbags. For some reason, whenever I think about Fall, I envision camping and hunting in the woods, sitting around the fire making s'mores at night. Let it be known that I've never done any of these things in my life, but a girl can daydream, can't she?

In an ideal world, I'd carry my red Rafe clutch inside my sage L.A.M.B "Alwar" tote and wear my L.A.M.B. Rosebury booties with opaque tights when I went to work. On the weekends I'd make the boots more casual by pairing them with a pair of skinny jeans and Kara by Kara Ross hoop earrings, which remind me of tree branches. Of course I'd have to burn a Diptyque Feu De Bois candle because it smells like a wood-burning fire!

What does Fall make you think of?

No comments: