Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Let it Snow (or Rain, or Sleet....)

A few days ago, Alex and I had a customer that was infatuated with the store's See by Chloe rain boots. Personally, I hadn't really given them a thought since setting foot in the store four months ago - rarely had I seen an outfit I liked that incorporated rubber footwear.

In any case, we began chitchatting with the customer about all the positive aspects of this particular boot, when Alex mentioned the possibility of switching out the laces. Immediately, I was excited at the thought of putting pretty patterned laces (florals, for one) in these, uhm, rubber boots. Somehow, this customer had sold me on the rain boots, instead of the other way around!
Photobucket
The See by Chloe rain boots are a darling piece of footwear that can withstand all of the elements. It's fully lined with fabric and features the most adorable little faux pocket detail on the side. Here at the Troc, we have two exclusive colors you can't find anywhere else: a stunning lavender/khaki combo, and the more earthy dark grey and camel. They were also featured as one of In Style's best Fall 2009 accessories!

I actually became so enthralled with these rain boots that I challenged myself to create outfits to pair them with.  I was leaning toward the dark grey boot (pictured above), and felt it was the perfect opportunity to experiment with neutral tones.


The first outfit is filled with my current must-haves: a cute floral dress, a sturdy parka, and a classic bag (here, the Anya Hindmarch Maddock). It's the perfect stomping-about-town look for running errands, picking up a quick lunch, and the necessary shopping detours.

The second is a bit more weekend-casual, just a simple plaid top with a few hippie-esque accessories from Trocadero. The See by Chloe boots really ground this look and add an element of texture, and the MZ Wallace Jane bag (which Alex will not stop talking about) has all the compartments a busy girl could need.

The third outfit is this idea I have currently been toying with of the "innerwear as outerwear" trend that was alllllllll over the runways. I love the idea of pairing a tissue-thin satin slipdress with a chunky sweater and a sturdy boot. It's an interpretation of a look in one of my favorite editorials of all time, Keira Knightley in the June 2007 issue of US Vogue. This is an excellent outfit for spring, as well (for the current weather, you'd need a lot more layering!) As with the other outfits, the accessories and bag can be found at the Troc!

In any case, the key component in all of these looks is the See by Chloe rain boots, a practical and pretty pair of shoes that just may wiggle their way into your wardrobe!

No comments: