Friday, December 4, 2009

Two for the Road: 11/21/09

Date: 11/21/09
Bag: Lambertson Truex black crocodile satchel
Shoe: Sigerson Morrison black patent skimmer
Worn with: C&C black cotton long sleeved t-shirt, black leggings from Strawberry, Louis Vuitton black silk dress with polka dot skirt
There are a few LV clothing items in my closet courtesy of the long departed Louis Vuitton sample sales that used to happen pre-LVMH Tower on 57th Street. I have an amazing trench coat that I adore for its sheer, in-your-face use of the logo. I'll post a photo of it once I finally get it retooled and refitted. I've actually never worn it; it's in a size 36 (the equivalent of a 2-4, it is still really huge and needs to be taken in even more -- even though I'm not a size 2). This dress is one of my purchases at the sale and I remember Ellyn Chestnut, the ELLE Accessories Director having the same dress. The shoes are from the famed Sigerson Morrison sample sale (Kari Sigerson, by the way, is from Omaha) and were probably $50. These are a particular favorite of mine because of their simplicity. I love the black elastic band across the shoe -- very ballerina, very Audrey. The black crocodile Lambertson Truex bag (to die for!) was a beloved gift from the designers, John Truex and Richard Lambertson, for my 30th birthday. If I was still in the fashion magazine business I wonder what I would be getting for my 40th birthday next month...

No comments: