Monday, December 14, 2009

Two for the Road: 12/7/09

Date: 12/7/09
Bag: Rafe canvas vertical tote
Shoe: Naturalizer black leather motorcycle boot
Worn with: Simply Vera by Vera Wang scribble sleeveless tunic with black jet bead neck detail, Plenty by Tracy Reese black long sleeve tunic top, Forever 21 black leggings, American Apparel black fleece mini skirt
Yes, I'm rockin' Naturalizer boots and I love 'em. I got these at a Brown Shoe press breakfast and ever since I took them back to my office, I promoted the crap out of them. For one thing, these boots were comfy. But they were also really stylish, practical, with a fabulous lug sole, perfectly rounded pointed toe and two simple silver buckles that weren't showy, flashy, western in styling in that tacky Donald J. Pliner way. No offense but I have never met a DJP shoe that I have thought was editorial or something I would carry in my boutique. I know they're a huge retail moneymaker; but retail sales don't necessarily mean fashionable and stylish. I'm just sayin'. Sorry. But give me a well made Naturalizer boot and let's just say my editor-in-chief asked for a pair as well as my assistant at the time (shout out to my L'il Fleege). Editors stopped me asking me where I got my boots. And the best was when Hal Rubenstein, one of my colleagues at the mag, asked me if my fantastic boots were from Chanel. CHANEL! Can you believe it? Naturalizer boots disguised as Chanel! Then the Rafe bag is another freebie editor gift; my friend Vicky carried hers a lot and it was in a different color combo that was very chic as well. This bag has been in my wardrobe for a very long time and it's a great bag for a laptop and magazines. Really functional and just plain awesome. Go Rafe! I am wearing some Vera from Kohl's, my stand by AA merch and a great long sleeved top from Plenty, bought at the Tracy Reese shop on Hudson Street in the West Village.

No comments: