Monday, December 14, 2009

Seoul Sisters in the Heartland of America

Last week we had a trio of celebrities in the Troc. It was none other than the Ahn Trio, the critically-acclaimed classical piano trio. I recognized their name from the countless articles and reviews I have read about them (in Vogue, Time and People among others). Being a classically trained pianist and Korean as well, I felt an instant kinship to them. They, too, were having a moment as they came back the next day to meet me in person and hand me an autographed copy of their CD, Lullaby For My Favorite Insomniac. The sisters, two of whom are twins, were all attractive and beautifully dressed and accessorized; the perfect models for the Troc. They were apparently so happy to find out that the store was owned by a Korean girl from NYC. The sisters, Angella, Lucia and Maria were all trained at Juilliard and currently live in New York but were in Omaha for the tour of their latest CD. I wish I had known about their concert as I would have gone in a heartbeat. When I was in high school I used to play in a classical piano trio. I only remember a Beethoven piece; I don't think we pursued it very far.

I've been listening to their CD and enjoying it very much. I highly recommend it!

No comments: