Friday, October 28, 2011

Looking orange is only okay if you're a pumpkin.

Well folks, here it is...the moment you've all been waiting for. Okay, if not you, then definitely me. Alas, I found a place to get a spray tan at a decent cost and I don't look like I walked out of the J-shore.

For those of you who read our blog, I posted one back in the summer about how important it is to stay away from tanning beds, and how anyone can rock the so called "pale" look. Well, as some of you know, since I watched that video, I haven't tanned in a tanning bed. :) I actually feel super accomplished even though it may come off a tad on the weird side to some. I like being able to set an example for all my tanning bed going friends. Hopefully they can eventually catch on to me guilt tripping them!

Watch and learn please!

It's been about three months for me, (since the summer provided with me a smidge of color, OF COURSE, while wearing sunblock) where I've been my natural color, and I can honestly say I don't hate it. I'm starting to embrace it and it feels soooo gooood!

So here's the 411, I bought a Groupon ($25 for 2 spray tans) for Shine Day Spa because I had been told a couple of times that it was the place to go. I thought, eh, what the heck, the only thing that could go wrong is that I wasted 25 bucks and I come out looking orange.

I decided to save the Groupon so I could have a little glow for Halloween weekend of course (a tad risky for a first timer I know,) but I made sure to call ahead to schedule an appointment. Another bonus might I add. The gal was super friendly over the phone and gave me advice on when to schedule my appointment depending on when I was planning on going out.

Fast forwarding to my appointment...she took me back to a room and told me to take off basically whatever I didn't want a tan line from and that she would check back. I put on my fashionable hair cap and was ready to go! She came back a few minutes later and before I knew it I was a light bronzed beauty.

The thing that set Shine apart from just another spray tanning booth is that because someone is actually doing the spraying for you, there is less of a chance of streaking and not getting all of you colored. They tell you to do different poses and flip your hands a certain way so that you don't have to worry about it looking funky when you're done! I remember a slight warrior yoga pose for all you yoga experts out there.

Not to mention you choose the level of color you want. She recommend the lightest, and told me it would give me slight color and a bit of a glow. It turned out perfect and I was extremely pleased.

Now for those of you who were not lucky enough to catch the Groupon, a single full body spray tan starts at $28, and will last about a week. Totally worth it.

Just a side tip for newbies: before you spray tan, always use a body scrub and keep your skin free of lotion to ensure the best possible look.

Check the Shine Day Spa link above for hours, locations and specials!

So which one do you choose?

No comments: