It may be hard to believe in the Big O with weather like we've been having, but it is Fall. Among fun and festive Autumn activities like hayrack rides, pumpkin patches, and leisurely strolls amidst the fall leaves this also brings new school and office routines that hopefully we've all settled into by now. Whether you work in a confined cubicle or from the comfort of your own home, it's important to have a work space that is both functional and inspiring. Give your desk some personality and keep it fun with bright colors, fun textures and charming details. Here are eight items to turn your workday from drab to joyous.
1. Hold Everything. This ceramic New York City Greek deli cup is a perfect hold all for everything you need to keep at your fingertips.
2. An office with a great view is hard to come by. So, why not bring the outdoors inside. We think this grass vase from Normann Copenhagen just may be prettier than the real thing. A great idea to beat the [soon to come] winter blues.
3. Recycled Thoughts. Keep those bright ideas fresh in an Attic Journal made from recycled books.
4. Keep your friends close. What better office friendship to form than one with success. Keep it on your mind and on your desk in the form of this John Derian paperweight.
5. Everything has its place, keep desktop odds and ends in sight with a chic and quirky ceramic "take-out" dish from Lorena Barrezueta.
6. The best thing since....well, regular sticky notes! This charming office themed sticky note set from Cavallini is sure to help you remember all of those important details.
7. All the right words. Daily affirmations keep your mind on the prize at the office. So why not surround yourself with positive and inspirational thoughts. This John Derian decoupage tray is a smart addition to any desk.
8. The Magic word. Thank you notes like this one from Jonathan Wright are always an office staple. Nothing says thank you like a handwritten note, great for that coworker that always brings you coffee in the morning or for the potential client who you just met.