Friday, October 21, 2011

Mixing it up

When it comes to clothing, I love to mix up patterns. So it isn't a big surprise that I love mixing patterns when it comes to furniture too. Recently we updated our family room and it was fun to take one item from one set and combine it with a piece that was totally "different but similar." The key is keeping it "all in the family" in terms of tones and textures. I love the vibrant and larger ikat/batik print contrasted with the pillow in the gray with white squiggle. And I especially like this off white/grayish chair with gray French words scribbled horizontally.


I love ikat and batik prints too. This chair in charcoal with an off white pattern is the last addition to our new family room set. It seems to be the chair we all want to sit in too. Maybe because it's the most cozy. I also like that it's the darkest piece in the room; easier to disguise spills and stains (it's easy with three children under 10 years of age!).



No comments: