Friday, October 21, 2011

No need to sink your teeth into these apples!

Caramel apple taste = yes!
Caramel apple eating process = no!

You'll be pleased to know I came across today on Family Circle a solution to the caramel apple eating process. Go mini or go home!

I decided to take the idea for a test spin since Halloween is right around the corner. I wonder how alcohol infused caramel apples would taste? Hmmm, something to think about for an upcoming Halloween party.

Basically here is what I used:



The one step that will stay the same is using the melon baller to scoop out your "mini apples." Other then that the rest is up to you!


I read a tip that said after you scoop out the apple, pat it dry with a paper towel, otherwise the caramel won't stick! (I read this after they were already gone, go figure.)

I went ahead and dipped the mini guys into the melted caramel, and after they had about 30 minutes to firm up in the fridge, I dipped them again into my melted peanut butter & chocolate mixture.

Next, I coated them with either crushed nuts or crushed graham crackers and let them firm up once again. Of course, when it comes to waiting around for something of this sort, my patience is slim. I let them sit a good hour in the fridge, but if you can stand it, leave them a smidge longer to ensure the coating doesn't get ruined.

Volia! Mini caramel apples!

Let us know if you have any ideas to make these apples even sweeter!

No comments: