Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Anya's "I'm not a plastic bag"...part two!

We love Anya Hindmarch for her classic and ladylike but whimsical and elegant handbags. I know that's a mouthful but really it's hard to sum up the simplicity of her designs along with the ultra sophistication but with a smidgen of whimsy or playfulness. Right now we have her brand new canvas bags hanging in the window at the Troc. They're this year's version of "I'm Not A Plastic Bag," the total runaway sensation that Anya created back in 2007 (article and photo courtesy of Time magazine). Back when I was an editor I received one of the first samples and I must admit it was like owning a prized pony!

Now her new and improved version of the eco-chic bag has lots of upgrades like leather handles and gold hardware that say "Anya Hindmarch" on it. And of course there is the signature Anya "bow" at the top. We have the Dairy (pink), Fruit and Veg (orange) and Meat and Poultry (blue).  It's definitely covetable, don't you think? Which one is your favorite? I am feeling the "Dairy" one, myself. But with only limited quantities of all three totes, I don't think I'll be able to snag one for myself. I'm definitely not an accessories director anymore!



No comments: