Friday, March 27, 2009

Giuseppe to Go-go-go!!!

This is the new two-tone shoe from Giuseppe Zanotti with the zip-up back and everyone is going crazy for it. The colors are so ladylike, a blush paired with black, but the open cut-out sides and of course the zipper give it a rock and roll, "not so ladylike afterall" look. What can we say, WE HEART IT! It also comes on a lower heel instead of the super high ones that are available at other retailers. While I love a high heel, I think this one is definitely more sensible to wear literally all day long. I don't know about you, but it seems like these days I cannot last more than 3 hours in a high heel if it doesn't have a platform.

I am loving, however, the trick I heard from one of my customers. She mentioned that she has what is called a "met bar" attached to the bottom of her high heels. It's something we mentioned in our last Tidbits newsletter and it's an inch-wide horizontal pad attached to the bottom of the shoe so the pressure is more on the back of the ball of the foot. I am definitely going to have to check this out. In all my years working in magazines and using top shoe repair places like "Shoe Service Plus," who would have thought a little cobbler in Omaha, NE would have the answer to making high heels comfortable? Andy's Shoe Repair is the place and it's at 4954 Grover (402-558-1030).

No comments: