Thursday, March 26, 2009

Let's Hang!



Today we received the newest addition to Trocadero's Kidrobot collection: Let's Hang. Like eager children on Christmas morning, Alice, Helen and I ripped open a couple of boxes to see what adorable 1-inch soft-vinyl zipper pulls we'd get. The thing about Let's Hang, as well as the rest of Kidrobot's toys, is that they come in blind boxes. This means that you don't know if you're going to get a happy husk of corn, a double-scoop ice-cream cone, a rib-eye with a fedora or any of the other 23 cute companions by illustrator Aaron Meshon.

Truth be told, at first I didn't understand the allure of the Kidrobot toys. After all, I'm hardly a kid -- why do I need to play with toys? But after I opened my first box -- sad toast from the Yummy Breakfast collection -- I was hooked. The thrill of finding out what's inside the little cardboard box is addictive.


It's like taking a gamble for just $5 a pop that ALWAYS has a positive outcome!




No comments: