Sunday, September 6, 2009

Honeymoon in Italy

Honeymoon in Italy

A year ago I was on my honeymoon in Italy. My husband and I visited Florence, Venice and Rome. Ah, memories...

Don't assume that the only international goods that Trocadero sells are French; the shop happens to sell many products that remind me of the two weeks we spent sightseeing in those historical cities, including classic children's travel books of Venice and Rome by M. Sasek and vintage Italian postcards by Cavallini. And Red Flower makes a shower gel, a body lotion and a candle that smell like blood orange, a fruit native to Italy that we enjoyed as juice every morning while abroad.

The Troc also carries a number of products that I wish I had with me on our trip like the beautifully constructed and extremely practical M.Z. Wallace nylon Jane bag. I could have used the Malin + Goetz "carry-on approved" travel kit, as well as a pocket-sized notebook to record all of our adventures--what we ate, where we stayed, what sites we saw.

To celebrate the one year anniversary my honeymoon, I may just have to buy myself a bottle of Bond No. 9's Little Italy perfume, which has top notes of mandarin and grapefruit. Delicious!


No comments: