Friday, September 25, 2009

Two for the Road: 9/25/09


Date: 9/25/09
Bag: Mulberry brown small duffle
Shoe: Fendi platform sandal
Worn with: Chanel silk chiffon dress and Sandro brown tweed jacket with ribbon detail
There was an Ovarian Cancer Research Fund luncheon today at the Governor's Mansion in Lincoln, hosted by the First Lady of Nebraska Sally Ganem. With that occasion in mind, I decided to put on a pretty dress and a ladylike jacket. While I was in a rush to get out of the house, I was unable to photograph my accessories until I got back to the Troc. The Mulberry bag was an editor gift one season. It's like a LV Speedy in shape but I love that it also comes with a detachable long strap so you can wear it cross-body. The shoes are from Fendi; I saw them in the showroom and loved them (and another similar pair on a higher heel in taupe/silver). One day, both shoes arrived at my office, right before I was heading out to the Milan/Paris shows. Fendi wanted me to wear their shoes during fashion week. I obliged. I don't think these were ever produced; they never asked for them back and I have happily kept them in heavy rotation in my closet. The hidden platform was new at the time and was a genius concept to get all the height with the comfort to boot. I paired these accessories with a Chanel dress purchased at a Chanel sample sale (oh, those were the days...they unfortunately have done away with them!) and the jacket is from Sandro, a little shop in the Marais district in Paris. Sandro is like a higher-end Zara, Club Monaco-like prices but much more fashionable. It's Parisian so of course all the details are pitch perfect.

No comments: