Friday, September 18, 2009

Two for the Road: 9/18/09


Date: 9/18/09
Bag: Miu Miu gray croc print leather with scarf-wrapped handle
Shoe: Prada navy leather loafer with stacked heel
Worn with: C&C black long sleeved cotton top, Fendi navy short sleeve jacket with brown leather self-belt, Mossimo ombre polyester skirt
This is my homage to Miuccia Prada as I am wearing both Miu Miu and Prada accessories today. The bag was one of my purchases from Milan fashion week (I can't recall the season but I am thinking circa September 2005-2006). I loved the ladylike look of the bag and especially loved the scarf-wrapped handle. The colors are totally on point for right now--the gray with teal, navy, brown and tan. I would wear Rescue Beauty Lounge's Under the Stars nail color with this bag. I think the shoes are one of my first Prada sample sale purchases. They have the perfect rounded squared-off toe and chunky heel. I've thought about giving them up some seasons but am always happy to pull them back out of the closet year-in and year-out. The jacket was a bargain sale purchase from a London Fendi shop; I remember getting an unreal deal. And the skirt is something I picked up at Target earlier this year. Coincidentally I got it because it reminded me of old Prada. I can't tell you how many compliments I get on the skirt...every time I wear it. I love telling people it was $19.99 full price. LOVE!

No comments: