Monday, June 20, 2011

These Summer Trends are Heating Up!

Looks by BCBGMAXAZRIA, Herve Leger, J.Crew, Forever 21, Kate Spade, Alice+Olivia and Chamak by Priya Kakkar.

This summer is all about being bold. It's time to step outside the box and revamp your look with these exotic prints and vibrant colors. Some of these trends can even be carried over into fall. Ladies, skin is in... snakeskin, that is! If you're not comfortable wearing a pair of snakeskin pants, like the BCBGMAXAZRIA ones pictured above, then try it on something simpler like a belt or clutch. The skin will add just the right touch to an outfit, without being over the top.

To be honest, when I first read that tribal prints were a summer trend, I was completely opposed to the idea. I told myself this is one trend I will not buy into. Now when I look in my closet, I've noticed that I've bought too much of it. I love the geometric and modern style the prints have! This print is fun to play around with, whether in the form of a romper, dress or skirt. At least one of these tribal items should find its way into your closet this summer!

The colors this summer just keep on getting brighter. Color blocking is another fun trend to test out this summer. Pair different vibrant colors together and add a fun printed scarf or bangles. By switching up colors and patterns, you can achieve so many different outfits with just a couple basic pieces. In doing so, you can achieve instant style!

No comments: