Monday, June 27, 2011

What's in My Bag: Megan

Admittedly, I am the queen of oversized handbags. I hate feeling like I am leaving home without something I "need." For most of the year, you'll catch me hauling around a bag comparable to myself in size, but for the summer I am much too busy running around to be tied down with too much stuff. This makes a crossbody my go-to summer handbag. This also means I am forced to pare down to just the 'essentials'. Here's what made the cut:


(clockwise, starting from upper left corner)

-L.A.M.B. "Kiss Me" Card Case - I stash my credit cards, I.D., and miscellaneous receipts in here.

-Jane Iredale Pressed Powder - This stuff feels and looks INCREDIBLE. I am a huge fan of mineral makeup foundations. Although Bare Essentials is my all time favorite, this Jane Iredale powder is pressed-- a major pro since I'm throwing it in my bag. (Most mineral foundations that I've come across come in loose powder form. EEEK! Anyone who has ever had a eyeshadow or blush crumble in their purse know this is a huge no-no. Typically, I keep all cosmetics in a makeup bag, but there's no room amidst this mere essentials list!)

- Ralph Lauren Tortoise Aviators - I fell in love with these as soon as I tried them on (rarely can I say this about most sunglasses, unfortunately). I have a heart shaped face, so aviators are typically my go-to frames. The tortoise color has a really contrasted light/dark pattern, giving the shades a vintage vibe. Now, if only I could find the perfect pair of classic, oversized shades...

- M.Z. Wallace Platinum Leather "Bettie" Pouch: From Trocadero, of course! I'm head over heels for this little guy. He's the perfect wallet for a smaller handbag, and my future iPhone 4 will fit perfectly inside him.

-Monster coin purse - This pouch actually came with a gift card from Anthropologie I received last Christmas, and I loved him so much I had to put him to use. I usually feed him with coins for the meter.

 -Emergen-C Fizzy drink mix - Whenever I feel a cold coming on or when I simply want something more than plain water, I mix a packet of Emergen-C in my water bottle. It's tasty and good for you!

-Pop-up Brush with Mirror - I MUST have a brush on me at all times. My hair is too long and too unruly to go without one. (That reminds me of something that didn't but definitely should have made my list: NAIL FILES! I am always in need of one of these! I'm not overly obsessed with my nails, but once my nail snags on something I cannot for the life of me leave it alone.)

-Lip Balm/Lip Gloss - Right now I'm carrying the Laura Mercier Hydra Tint in Nude. It's a great summer color (the perfect not too tan/not too pale nude), is mosturizing and has SPF 15. I'm also carrying Origins Once Upon a Shine lip gloss in Ruby Slipper. I own several of the Once Upon a Shine glosses, and they all deliver just enough lip color and have a pretty shimmer to them without being 'sparkly'. 

-Moleskine Planner - I compulsively make lists and write everything down. Embarrassingly enough, I'm very territorial about my notebooks and planners...they're for my eyes only!

-Canon S95 - My new love affair. I have a lovely Nikon DSLR, but it's much too large to carry with me all the time. This camera is the perfect travel size and takes lovely photos!
'
-Purse: Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Clutch in Black - This purse can be worn as a crossbody, as a shoulder bag (as shown in the photo) or it can be used as a clutch. Talk about multifunctional! When the clock strikes midnight and my tiny summer purse morphs into my oversized handbag for the school year, it still makes the perfect evening clutch.

No comments: