Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sarah, Smile



A few weeks ago one of Troc's own, Sarah B., got hitched! And in perfect fashionista fashion, she did a costume change. Sarah wore a long gown for the ceremony and for half of the reception before changing into her shorter gown for the rest of the night. Her accessories also changed (of course!) and her "something borrowed" turned out to be a pair of René Caovilla crystal ankle-strap sandals from my closet. They were a gift from the designer (it's really great being a sample size 7, let me tell you) and actually had never been worn. I think my closet is mostly full of evening bags and shoes that hardly ever see the light of day. After seeing Sarah in my shoes, it's made me think that I should start loaning out my bags and shoes more often. It's not the first time Sarah has took a little loaner from my closet; she rocked a pair of my old Manolos and a Sergio Rossi evening bag for a wedding she attended this past summer. And just this week I gave intern Cygne C. a pair of Sergio Rossis, René Caovillas, an Alberta Ferretti black lace dress and some Lee Angel jewels to possibly wear for Homecoming festivities. I just love the idea of being able to have my beautiful objects get some needed "face" time. Because while I am blogging about my daily shoe and bag pairings, it's often not going to be super high heels or Swarovksi-encrusted evening bags. So perhaps I'll have to start another Troc Talk feature with "The Weekly Special" of something in my closet that I just simply adore. But where to start? The Murakami original jewelry case purse? The black velvet Dior mules with key charms? The burgundy satin Christian Louboutin evening clutch with gold snake detail? Oh, there's just too many to list...