Saturday, October 17, 2009

Two for the Road: 10/17/09

Date: 10/17/09
Bag: Oscar de la Renta black leather with gold cut-out handle
Shoe: Hermès platform black wedge
Worn with: C&C California black long sleeved cotton t-shirt, Miu Miu black and gold thread cardigan, American Apparel black yoga pants, DVF wool mini skirt
It might be 45 degrees in Omaha today but I decided to wear open-toed sandals. Why? Because I am really trying to wear a different shoe everyday and I couldn't quite find the right one to wear with this outfit and bag. The Hermès sandals are from a sample sale from like 1999. I swear these are super old but in great shape because I never wore them until years later when I rediscovered them and found them to be the perfect pair of shoes: lots of height, comfortable, sturdy and very classically chic with great lines. I decided to paint my toes a nice, dark wine color (Rescue Beauty Lounge's "Black Russian" -- formerly known as "Revamp" before Chanel had a meltdown...) in honor of the exposed look. My bag is one of very few Oscar de la Rentas in my accessories wardrobe (the others being a chic, brown croco minaudière as well as a crystal handled satin small version of the above bag). I received this "football" satchel from the PR team at Oscar and while many have probably gotten rid of theirs, I have kept mine because it is a real classic in my eyes. I love the gold hardware, the shape, the definite uniqueness of the bag. The skirt is the one I wear about once a week, the yoga pants are a mainstay (like my AA leggings), the black tee is a staple as well and the Miu Miu cardigan is from, where else...Milan, one season shopping 'til I dropped between fashion shows. "Fabio! We go to Prada and Miu Miu!" That's me telling my Milanese driver (the best one ever!) of where to take me upon landing at Malpensa or during a fleeting 45 minute break between shows.

No comments: