Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Trocadero Turns Two!

Trocadero's opening day on Saturday, October 13th, 2007 with my first customers. It seems like only yesterday that the doors to 1208 1/2 Howard Street opened as Trocadero, a lifestyle and accessories boutique in the Old Market of Omaha, Nebraska. It was an idea that hatched from reading an article in the New York Times about this historic downtown district. I would have never thought that a little over 6 months later I would be living and breathing Omaha and be an entrepreneur. Just this morning I remarked that I still cannot believe I quit my job and moved here basically sight unseen to do something so ballsy and downright risky. But for my own sanity and peace of mind, I just couldn't let this idea of being in America's heartland be only a thought. For some reason I had to prove to myself that this was what I needed to do and that for better or for worse, I would learn something. What I have gained from this experience is that Omaha really is my home. Trocadero is my two year old toddler. They don't call it the terrible twos for nothing. It's been a tough year, year #2, but I am feeling like the black cloud called "the recession" and "downward economy" is starting to lift. I am, at the very least, hopeful.

Today is the Troc's 2nd birthday. And while we're usually closed on Tuesdays, we've decided to throw our little two year old baby a proper birthday party. So from 4-7pm, we're hosting a very special shopping event, complete with cupcakes, bubbly and lots of discounts for today only. Kidrobot toys your thing? Buy two of your favorites and receive one free! Love Bond No. 9 fragrance? Today only save $20 off your fave scent. A great deal since their prices are going up starting next month! Dying for a new handbag or pair of shoes? Save 20% on any new fall merchandise -- and take an additional 20% off already marked down items. But that's not all, there are tons of other deals to be had!

Thanks to our wonderful customers, we are lucky to be entering our third year. In these times, that's a big accomplishment. We're damn proud but more so we're just thrilled to be part of Omaha's downtown destination scene and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your patronage and support.

Thank you, Omaha and beyond!


1 comment:

sarah-mai said...

Alice - I'm so sorry we missed it! We have family in town and it completely slipped our minds...

Congratulations! You are by far my favorite shop in Omaha!!!

Sarah-Mai