Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Two for the Road: 10/21/09

Date: 10/21/09
Bag: Lambertson Truex burgundy leather satchel
Shoe: Alexandra Neel navy suede buckle harness knee-high boot
Worn with: Simply Vera by Vera Wang white ruffle tuxedo shirt, Ralph Lauren v-neck cashmere sweater vest, Simply Vera by Vera Wang charmeuse pattern skirt
My sincere apologies for not posting anything sooner. Today marks the 8th day that I have been under the weather and the 3rd day I've been on antibiotics for a cold and cough that just won't go away. I've been away from the Troc since last Thursday, October 22nd so in reality I'm just behind on two posts of what I've been wearing. My days off, well, let's say have consisted of me in a robe (Chaiken & Capone - old Christmas gift from when they were still together as business partners!), my new Ugg shearling slippers and my boyfriend's college sweatshirt. But last Wednesday, I managed to get myself to work (pre-fever and real illness setting in) and wore one of my favorite Lambertson Truex bags. It is the perfect shade of lipstick red and works well with both jeans and more work-appropriate outfits. I decided to wear a Simply Vera from Kohl's silk-like (read: polyester) skirt (with elastic-waistband and all!) that had a nice white-navy-wine-powder blue pattern to tie back with the L-T bag. I chose a navy sweater vest and a white blouse to wear on top and then figured wine shoes would be too matchy matchy so I dug up my Alexandra Neel boots. I love that they look like they're black at first glance but in daylight you notice that they are actually a great blue. Alexandra is this ex-dancer, Parisian, and oh-so-very beautiful in that naturally, French way. I loved always hearing about the inspiration of her collection and visiting her in her atelier/pied-a-terre near the Eiffel Tower. Her designs were so feminine but I loved that she put a little edge into her work as well. I look forward to sporting some more of her shoes in future posts. In particular: a military-inspired d'orsay pump. She is one designer I miss seeing twice a year in Paris; I hope to one day find the time to see her again in the coming years.

No comments: