Sunday, October 11, 2009

Two for the Road: 10/8/09

Date: 10/8/09
Bag: Tod's burgundy leather satchel
Shoe: Taryn by Taryn Rose studded ankle boots
Worn with: Navy DVF sleeveless shift dress and Bravo gray waffle knit cashmere cardigan
Season after season, Tod's has been a standby in my bag wardrobe because of their sheer commitment to public relations of their brand. I haven't kept all the bags they have gifted me over the years but this satchel is one of my favorites. The color is a much deeper, lipstick red than pictured and I love the grainy, textured leather. The boots are from Taryn Rose's more affordable, younger line called "Taryn." When I saw these at a preview, I thought they were the perfect every day ankle boot. Unfortunately not enough retailers bought the boot so they were never made. But lucky for me, as a sample size 7 shoe, Taryn sent the only pair to me. Too bad they were never produced; I know about ten people a day that stopped me on the streets of Manhattan to inquire about them every time I wore them. The DVF dress is my go-to dress purchased at Scoop in Las Vegas and I got the gray cashmere cardigan at She-La in Countryside Village last winter during their super sale.

1 comment: