Thursday, October 29, 2009

Two for the Road: 10/28/09

Date: 10/28/09
Bag: Nancy Gonzalez hunter green crocodile tote
Shoe: Joie black leather over the knee double zip boot
Worn with: Free People animal print long sleeved dress, American Apparel long cardigan, Forever 21 black leggings
It was my first day back at work after missing 5 days in a row due to a killer cold/flu. It's also the first of many days I will be sporting these new boots from Joie. Even though they are brand new to the store and brand new to my closet, they are quickly becoming a classic. The perfect go-to boot. I wore them with my animal print sweatshirt-weight cotton dress (a fave of mine that I picked up at Bloomie's right before taking off to Europe one season), my handy-dandy cotton cardigan from AA (I love the contrast beige buttons) and my usual black leggings. The "eyes" in the animal print on the dress are an emerald green; so yes, I matched back the green to my tote: my Nancy Gonzalez crocodile one (large enough to fit my laptop), a gift from Santiago Gonzalez, Nancy's son, PR-magnet, President and spokesperson and general bon vivant. I wonder how Santi is. Last I remember him, he was being über-fabulous at the Plaza Athénée in Gay Paree, with Nina Garcia and the gang...oh, the days of being a fashion editor with a giant expense account...

I'm not the only one who is sporting the new Joie boots. Cygne, shown here, was wearing hers the same day (and has been addicted to them since getting them a couple weeks ago). They have this great, contrast gray lining that folds over that makes them really versatile...she's wearing them with her new Botkier Rio tote.

No comments: