Thursday, October 8, 2009

Two for the Road: 10/7/09

Date: 10/7/09
Bag: Marc Jacobs ivory tote
Shoe: Miu Miu python and metallic leather kitten heel
Worn with: Ralph Lauren Polo button down, Sonia Rykiel cashmere sweater, H&M bubble skirt, Forever 21 leggings
I've had a few days off from the store and it's been nice to have a brief respite from logging my outfits. I didn't realize how much work is involved in putting together these looks but I am enjoying the process of weeding through my closet. Soon I think I'll be able to purge many things. Anyway, I digress...
The bag is the only MJ one I own. I have never been a huge MJ bag fan; I find them to be way too heavy for my liking. The PR folks at Marc Jacobs (or should I be more specific, at KCD, their PR agency) were always really generous at loaning out bags for fashion week. I remember carrying one of the more popular styles (the one with the big coin purse closure that was quilted) and like Cinderella, returning it when the NY-Milan-Paris extravaganza was over. This ivory tote is a classic MJ that they gifted me and I decided that I needed at least one bag from each designer for my archive collection. On the bag is a keychain of gold Louis Vuitton "cherries" from Spring/Summer 2005. The Miu Miu shoes are yet another purchase from Milan fashion week (I guess I really did buy at least one pair of shoes when going to the shows). The sweater is a steal from a sample sale; it's one of my faves. The button down short sleeve window pane patterned shirt is from the Ralph Lauren store on Madison Ave (with my 30% discount). The skirt is from H&M that I got last month and the gray leggings are my latest purchase for $4.50 from Forever 21 at Westroads Mall.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Alice, just want to say I really love these postings and hope you'll continue with them.
When the time comes to purge your closet, may I respectfully suggest that you consider creating an area in Trocadero similar to the "From Oprah's Closet" section of the Oprah store? This would allow us locals to snap up some glam accessories, and you could always ebay whatever doesn't sell.
Just a thought... :)